Hello again, friends!
Welcome to day 3 of my Growing in Unity week with Unity Stamp Company.
Today I want to share a set of beautiful purple flowers. I used the flower stamp from Angie Bloms set "My Condolences". This was my first time inking up this flower and I must say; it is an absolute dream to color!
This first card was made for my daughter Samantha. She loves the color purple. There is a most precious significance behind using the words He is. You ready for it? :)
When my kids were little we had a well loved CD compilation that we would listen to over and over. One of their favorite songs was "He is" by Aaron Jeoffrey. (I've linked the song here ;) They still talk about that CD to this day. My daughter and I listen to this song together (and a few others from that CD) when I visit her in Kansas City. It holds a very special place in our hearts and making this card brought back the sweetest memories.
The sentiment "He is" is from Graciellie Design set called Hallelujah. I masked off risen so that I could use only the He is portion of the stamp. I encourage you to not put away stamp sets you may only use for a special occasion because many of the sentiments can be masked off and used for any occasion.
I love this next card just as much as the first. I made this for my sister, Tina. She is one of my very closest friends and I could NOT do life without her. This flower stamp is so incredibly versatile. It is large enough that you can use pieces of it to achieve an incredible design.
Here is how I created the card below:
- I placed the stamp where I wanted it onto my watercolor panel. After stamping the first corner, I left the stamp in place on my stamping platform and simply turned the paper around to stamp the mirrored image to the adjacent corner. I left the stamp in place to re-stamp after my watercolored images dried.
- I then stamped my sentiment from the March 2019Sentiment Kit called ...baby bear hugs. I took my white roller pen and added some white markings to the word Friend.
- This was the first time I used a new to me set of watercolors, and I absolutely love them. They are a 48 pan set by I Dainayw. Very high quality and highly concentrated. The pigment is vibrant and beautiful!
- After I finished coloring, I took the panel back to my stamping platform and re-stamped the flowers so that I could heat emboss them.
- Lastly I attached the completed panel with foam tape to an A2 horizontal card base and added a few black enamel dots.
I am eager to color this flower set again and again and...….
As always, I would love to know which card was your favorite!
I do have several items linked, but I am not an affiliate. I just like to enable you as best I can. ;)
Be sure to visit me each day this week for new creations and virtual hugs. By commenting on my blog EACH day you will have a chance to win some pretty amazing stamps from Unity Stamp Co.
I will also be offering a thank you gift for visiting and commenting on my blog and FB post each day!
If you are here visiting me from Instagram I've a special thank you gift for one of you for commenting on my blog and IG post each day!
For those of you who fully read my blog, thank you so very much. I love being able to express myself through creating and writing, and I love sharing both with you.
If I may, I'd love to invite you to follow my blog.
There is a "follow" button up a bit and to the right. --->
Not the follow by email, it's up just a bit from it. Thank you so much!
It brings me so much joy sharing my thoughts and creations with all of you!
(Unfortunately, you won't have access to the follow button from your phone.)
Thanks for spending time with me today!
Until next time~
Be blessed, friends!
Forgive any grammar mistakes you may find. However, I am always open to friendly and constructive criticism or correction. Please know, I write my blog out of absolute enjoyment and do not stress over possible minor errors within the layout. I appreciate you, friends.