Bobbie Sue, here! I am so happy to be with you as a guest designer with Brutus Monroe.
I'm incredibly excited to share todays card with you. The stamp set I used is one of the most delicate and beautiful images I have ever worked with. As a matter of fact, this stamp set is so versatile it can be used for ANY occasion.
The card below showcases the beautiful Paper Cranes stamp set. I am just smitten with this entire stamp design! I would love to see your makes using this set.
When I first received this set I had so many thoughts of how to use these amazing cranes. I am quite happy with this layout and eager to create using this set again!
This card was so quick to make that I plan to make a few more to have in my stash.
Here are the steps in making this card:
- I double stamped the cluster of cranes onto a beautifully colored piece of DSP cut slightly smaller than an A2 panel.
- Then, I stamped the 4 single cranes onto a scrap piece of Canson XL watercolor paper and colored them with a Zig marker in beige. I love blending out color with a lighter version of the main color. In this case, I blended out the beige with a Zig marker in vanilla.
- Again, I let my trusty Scan n Cut do the fussy cutting for me. (I've not the patience nor the skill to fussy cut small images.) I popped up the cut out cranes on the panel using foam squares.
- Next, I attached the panel to an A2 card base using Brutus Monroe's mega roll of white foam tape.
- Lastly, I stamped the Miss You sentiment (from Sharon's Script) onto a scrap piece of white cardstock and attached it using foam strips.
Long after I finished this card I decided it was missing something that would give it more life. So, I covered the peeking panel, 2 of the cranes & the sentiment and splattered gold paint. I absolutely love the finished look this gave!
Look closely and you can see the shadow I added to the cranes using a Zig marker in light gray. I love how it gives the "in flight" effect.
I am so happy to have had the opportunity to spend this day with you on the Brutus Monroe blog! I would love to hear your thoughts on this card and stamp set. Please, comment below. I read each comment with a smile.
I would truly love to connect with you! You can find me on Facebook here, Instagram here and my blog here.
See you again soon, friends!
Beautiful Creation....Love this card.....ReplyDelete
Beautiful card, Bobbie Sue!! Love the added dimension to the cranes... perfect touch!ReplyDelete