Hello again, friends!
Bobbie Sue here again, with another mini challenge.
There is something so reflective in making cards that celebrate our countries independence. It is an absolute reminder of our freedom that continues to be protected with tremendous sacrifice by so many.
Creating cards with deep meaning, cards that tell a story, those are my favorite. I don't even have to share the story for you to know the narrative.
This was my first time inking up the background stamp Stars of Worn. I love how vintage this stamp looks with many of the stars appearing worn. The flag heart is from the set Ragged Ol' Flag This is an amazing set that I encourage you to put on your wish list.
The words are from a sentiment that I masked off from a Graciellie Design set call Moments of Bliss. I have turned to this set time and again!
Here are the details in making this card:
- I stamped the stars background onto a piece of Canson XL watercolor paper. Stamping once with Distress ink in Barn Door and spritzing with water. Knowing I would want to make a second card, I followed the same steps again with Distress ink in Faded Jeans.
- Then, I cut both panels in half at an angle and worked on placement of the base before trimming down further.
- Next, I masked off the unwanted parts of my sentiment and slightly angled it to stamp in the center of the base.
- Here, I lined my cut panel pieces just above and below the sentiment to see where I need to trim in order to fit perfectly on my A2 card base. Popping them up with foam tape once trimmed.
- Lastly, I stamped my heart flag with both of the inks and cut out the image with a large heart hand punch. Popping it up onto the lower panel.
A fairly simple card to create with a beautiful outcome.
This challenge will run through next Thursday. Remember, the favorite animal stamp challenge is still running through the end of this month! And the Cuddlebugs are on sale the remainder of the month, as well. If you have any questions regarding any of the challenges, please know, you are always welcome to reach out to me.
Unity is making your participation even more rewarding by offering a prize for each challenge! Each week you have a chance to win some fantastic Unity stamps! Even here you have an extra chance at winning a $25 Unity gift card! Simply comment here, and tag me in your post on Show & Tell so I can see your creation. I will pick a winner from 10 or more comments.
Have fun creating!
I invite you to join me again next Thursday as we use our favorite stamps to create something that may have you seeing double!
Until then, friends~